Thursday, November 15, 2007

Reading Proust in England

Found a new blogger. She likes to talk about food and recipes, too, as well as Proust. She's into Sodom and Gomorrah (so to speak) right now in the great oeuvre.

http://webcowgirl.livejournal.com/

I am currently reading The Joy of Writing Sex Scenes. It's very good, and probably not what you think. Elizabeth Bennet is the author, and I heard her speak last Friday evening at a writing event outside of Boston--not in Foxborough!

Proust intuitively knew what she discusses. Proust intuitively knows everything. I bow before his great genuius. It's just amazing how many are reading and blogging Proust. Or: is there something about bloggers (who are obviously writers) that attracts them to Proust? Is Proust's somewhat confessional style seductive to bloggers?

What is this blogger/Proust relationship all about? Damned if I know. I'm just swept up in it.

The Joy of Blogging Proust?

Odette

No comments: