Friday, April 25, 2008

Proustian Moments

A poem for your reading pleasure. Love the title of this blog, "the number of cigarettesismokedtoday." I suppose that only a former smoker can appreciate . Certainly not a never-smoker. Imagine being a never-smoker. They are missing something from life, the pleasure of cigarettes, the torture of giving them up, the pride in having done so, the nicotine dreams that haunt your life.

http://thenumberofcigarettesismokedtoday.blogspot.com/2008/04/staring-at-proust.html

Another poetic Proust blog. It must be spring.
http://sixteen-miles.blogspot.com/2008/04/proust-and-vulgarity-of-photographic.html
Sometimes the photograph is what we need; sometimes the painting, sometimes both, maybe neither, if the imagination is glorious.

Odette

1 comment:

Ann ODyne said...

Greetings from Australia.
I discovered you via my new friend Onscreen Scientist.

and I'm 60 and I have never ever smoked a cigarette. Possibly I find them repulsive because my parents whom I loathed, were chain-smokers.

I see the tags of your next Post are Dorothy L Sayers and Gaudy Night - which I have read with all her other work and a biography, but I am sorry to reveal that Proust's work has evaded me and ...

Just to stun you, I can type in this comment my entire knowledge of Proust:
*The title 'Remembrance of things past'
*One year in the 70's the famous Bestegui Ball had a Proust theme and Elizabeth Taylor looked wonderful.
* Madeleines?