Thursday, June 25, 2009

Have you read these books?

I love lists of books. Just went through the list of Time Magazines All-time 100 Novels (in English from 1923 to the present). I had read about 50 and plan to put a few on my list.

http://www.time.com/time/2005/100books/the_complete_list.html

Another blogger's list has Joyce and Proust at the top, as would mine. If you can't quite get into Ulysses, yet, try Joyce's short stories or A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

You owe it to yourself to read widely, greatly, omnivorously.
http://alterdestiny.blogspot.com/2009/06/lyrads-15-books-in-15.html

Right now I'm reading Eat, Pray, Love, and the Tin Roof Blowdown. Both are very good reads.

What are YOU reading?

1 comment:

Story teller - Krishnadas Dwija said...

Thanks for the list. I started reading the 100 top books on gutenberg. Of late my reading has lost steam and this list, about 20-25 of which I intend to put on my list, hopefully will motivate me. I too have read some of them but I now feel re-reading some of them would be great because I read many of them as a teenager and...well I am older now. Maybe they will be different.