Saturday, March 15, 2014

Reading Proust Aloud in Amherst

I have to hand it to this book group.  Reading Proust aloud (with a nice cup of tea) was a singular accomplishment.  The second time around they skipped a bit.  In my book (third reading) I'm going to skip the rest of Albertine.  Seems awfully repetitive and I have totally bogged down.  Onward.

Here is the link to the Amherst group.  They are a hardy, persistent group.

Reading Proust Aloud in Amherst

Amherst, like Foxborough is in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts where they know a thing or two about literature and persistence.


2 comments:

RkC said...

Hi....
Just found this link and wanted to let you know.... let's see if I can construct this unexpected sentence.... We are reading Proust in Fort Lauderdale. There are 10 of us reading 10-20 pages per week, then we get together every Thursday and I read the pages out loud, and we understand them way better. Join me at my ongoing reference work Reading Proust for Fun. Will link to you there, if that's all right.
Regards,
Renée

Grapeshot/Odette said...

Fort Lauderdale__Cool! Proust should be read everywhere. I envy you having a reading group as I struggle along by myself. Reading the last book now (one of my favorites). Do link to me. I'll check it out.